Targeted Call on priority axis 1 and 2
CONTENTS AND BUDGET FRAMEWORK
The main objective of this targeted call is to better identify and strengthen innovation capacities of Mediterranean SMEs and support the implementation of innovative solutions for renewable energy and energy efficiency in Mediterranean cities.
This targeted call is dedicated to the first and second axis of the MED operational programme:
- AXIS 1 of the MED Programme: "Strengthening innovation capacities", including the promotion of innovative technologies, know-how (objective 1.1.) as well as the strengthening of strategic cooperation between economic development actors and public authorities (objective 1.2.). Projects will have to make proposals to strengthen the position of SMEs in the energy sector in Mediterranean regions and to increase their potential at transnational level.
- AXIS 2 of the MED Programme: "Protection of the environment and promotion of a sustainable territorial development" and especially the Promotion of renewable energies and improvement of energy efficiency (objective 2.2.). The focus will be on the promotion of innovative renewable energy or/and energy efficiency solutions for smart Mediterranean cities, especially by taking into account the success and failures of on-going initiatives (écoquartiers, smart cities initiatives…). These difficulties may relate to poor performance in term of efficiency or economy of energy, lack of skills and knowledge, excessive costs, etc.). The objective will be to promote strategies, planning and measures ensuring that innovative solutions are implemented and used in the best cost-efficient way.
Please note: An application shall not address more than one Axis. If partners are interested in both axes, they will have to submit two separate applications.
- The indicative ERDF allocation for this call is 15 million Euros; 8,6M€ for Axis 1 and 6,4M for Axis 2.
- The ERDF allocation for each project should be between 1M€ and 3M€.
- The indicative IPA allocation for this call is 3,3 million Euros; 1,6M€ for Axis 1 and 1,7M€ for Axis 2.
- Projects cannot exceed 36 months and must finish within June 30th, 2015 at the latest.
IPA partners: The partners from candidate and potential candidate countries participating to the MED programme (Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Albania) can participate to this call for projects under the integrated management of ERDF and IPA funds. The global budget of IPA funds allocated to the MED programme between 2010-2013 is 5,4M€ and it will be used without country-specific allocation, to finance the participation of IPA partners to MED projects until the end of the programming period. For more detailed information, you can contact the MED/IPA Liaison Office.
The full application (only 'one step') has to be submitted to the Joint Technical Secretariat until 12th April, 8.00 (GMT+1) through the following 3 ways:
- via PRESAGE CTE
- by regular (hard copy) mail
- by email
Please read very carefully the document 'Submission Procedures' to find out about all technical details of the submission. The non-respect of the procedure will entail the non-admissibility of your application.
DOWNLOADS and LINKS
The 'Terms and References' and the 'Submission Procedures' set the thematic and technical framework of the call, thus you shoud study those two documents first. All relevant documents to be provided with the full application can be found in the 'Application Pack'. The 'Operational Programme' and 'Implementation Guide' will serve you as general guidance during the project development. The application form has to be filled in on the MED Programme's main Monitoring platform 'PRESAGE CTE' (further explanations in the application pack).
- Terms of Reference
- Submission Procedures (CORRIGENDA - updated on 29/02/2012)
- Application Pack (CORRIGENDA - updated on 29/02/2012)
- Operational Programme
- Implementation Guide
- Link to Presage
- PRESAGE GUIDE for the submission of the Application Form
Submit your project idea for partner search activities on this website and/or during the various applicants' seminars.
Open questions? Please do not hesitate to contact the
We warmly invite you to participate to infodays and applicants' seminars on national and transnational level.
The MED results' library includes a selection of first call projects final publications (projects approved in 2008). During the upcoming months, we will also integrate outputs of projects approved since the second call (starting from 2009)...