Priority axis 2: Environmental protection and promotion of a sustainable territorial development
Richness and fragility of natural resources and heritage, pressure on fragile areas, regular water supply threats, concentration of major risks...The MED space is a space rich of assets with a high biodiversity that needs to be protected on different environmental levels through transnationnal coordinated activities.
- Objective 2.1: Protection and enhancement of natural resources and cultural heritage
- Objective 2.2: Promotion of renewable energies and energy efficiency improvement
- Objective 2.3: Prevention of maritime risks and strengthening of maritime safety
- Objective 2.4: Prevention of and fight against natural risks
Some priority 2 figures...
- 48 projects approved: 31 standard projects, 4 strategic projects, 10 targeted projects, 3 capitalization projects
- 509 partners involved
- Total ERDF budget: 72.910.000 €
Examples of "Environment" oriented projects
- Promoting transnational partnerships to protect, enhance and increase the awareness of the fragile areas and their resources from the integrated territorial development and sustainable tourism point of view;
- Promoting biodiversity through protection and enhancement of natural resources;
- Creating and disseminating innovative materials and production processes that allow reducing energy consumption amongst public stakeholders and businesses.
Projects co-financed by the Programme
To get more information on co-financed projects, we invite you to visit our project data base.
To the other priority axis of the Programme: