Priority axis 4: Promotion of a polycentric and integrated development of the MED space
To better manage the effects of urban development, to enhance potential competitiveness of rural areas while avoiding a widening of territorial disparities, it is essential to support synergies between the urban and rural spaces and improve territorial multilevel governance systems.
- Objective 4.1 : Coordination of development policies and improvement of territorial governance
- Objective 4.2 : Strengthening of identity and enhancement of cultural resources for a better integration of the Med space
Priority 4 in figures...
- 18 projects approved: 15 standard projects, 3 capitalization project
- 173 partners involved
- Total ERDF budget: 20.648.000 €
Examples of "territorial development" oriented projects
- Promoting transnational collaboration between different multilevel territorial systems (towns, metropolis, islans, rural areas, isolated territories, ect.) to improve services networking and encourage the emergence of common strategies;
- Promoting transnational initiatives enhancing the role of historical heritage and cultural resources from the point of view of integrated territorial development.
Projects co-financed by the programme
To learn about the co-financed projects, we invite you to visit our project database .
To the other priority axis of the Programme:
- Priority Axis 1 - Innovation
- Priority Axis 2 - Environment
- Priority Axis 3 - Territorial accessibility