MED capitalisation projects joint event
The strategic role of transnational cooperation in enhancing competitiveness in the cultural and creative sector
The five MED capitalisation projects in the field of innovation and creative cluster organized a joint conference on April, 2nd in Marseilles.
Targeted research and innovation support is a strategic element in the economic development of territories. In this context, smart specialization will be a crucial element of the new Cohesion Policy 2014-2020. The European Commission considers creative industries to bear high added value enhancing the regional competitiveness. MED and other cooperation projects can contribute effectively to this challenge while strengthening the competitiveness of creative industries in the Mediterranean area.
'Smart Specialization Strategies for Cultural and Creative Sector'
- John Edwards (JRC IPTS Sevilla) - Transnational collaboration for innovation
- Francesco Molinari (Municipality of Prato) - RIS3 as a tool to promote transnational cooperation in innovation
- Hortência Menino (CIMAC) - Culture as a factor of territorial development
- Leda Bologni (ASTER) - Culture and creative sector in the smart specialization strategy of Emilia-Romagna
'The contribution of transnational cooperation projects to competitiveness of cultural and creative sector in the Mediteranean'
- ACCELMED, Emmanuel Noutary (ANIMA Investment Network) - Enterpreneurship, Innovation and VC in the Mediterranean
- CITEK, Marcella Contini (CNA Innovazione) - Guidelines for internationalization potential of business network
- SHAPES, Caterina Pratico (ANCI Lazio) - Toolbox with online services produced by previous projects
- 3C4 INCUBATORS, Ferdinand Richard (AMI) - Dynamo Platform as a way to support Cultural Enterprises
- Carolina Fernandes (EEN) - The experience of the EEN in supporting creative industries
'Support to decision making - The contribution of the MED projects'
- CreativeMED, Jesse March (Consorzio ARCA) - Culture and creativity for Territorial Innovation: the CreativeMED model
- SHAPES, Caterina Pratico (ANCI Lazio) - Common Operative Model for assessing innovative potential and for supporting policy decision for development
- CITEK (OXALIS Scop SA) - Action plan for social economy actors involvment in MEd smart specialization strategies
+ ADDITIONNAL DOCUMENTATION +
This additional documentation aims to give all participants a common knowledge basis on Smart SSpecialization Strategies in cultural and creative sectors.
- Policy Handbook on "How the cultural and creative industries contribute to economic transformation thorugh specialisation?", elaborated in the frame of the European Agenda for Culture – Work Plan for Culture 2011 – 2014, with the aim of “better sensitize local, regional and national authorities as well as the cultural community of the potential of cultural and creative industries in boosting regional and local development”
- Survey on Access to finance for cultural and creative sectors, realized by a group of independent experts for the European Commission. As the EU website underlines, “This study provides a much-needed in-depth review of the market potential of the EU's cultural and creative sectors. It analyzes the sector's structure and disproves oft-heard clichés about its supposed lack of profitability".
- OECD paper on the best ways to promote regional innovation. How national innovation policies should take into account the regional dimension? How innovation policies can support relevant regional innovation actors?
THE INVOLVED PROJECTS